Friday, July 18, 2008

Mosaic Garden Sun Face for Under $1.00

I picked up the clay sun face at my local thrift store for $.50. I decided to make a mosaic wall hanging for out in my garden. Using mastic I mounted the sun face on a scrap piece of plywood, and surrounded it with various sizes of glass babbles. I bordered that with scrap pieces of tiles and stone (free). The little gray corner tiles at the bottom were found at Habitat for 10 cents each. I finished the whole thing off with a wood frame that I painted to match the sun face. The sun face was chipped on the nose and some other places so I just used the paint that I mixed up to do touch ups. Then to finish it off I used pearl grout, which was also a freebie. So total cost for materials was 70 cents + tax. Finished size 13 1/2" x 19 1/2".

No comments:

Post a Comment