Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Trash to Treasure - Found Mirror Refinished




Here is a mirror I found that was sitting by a dumpster. There was really nothing wrong with it except the colors didn't match my decor. My decor is old world - castle and the mirror was more of a Cape Cod beach style. So I decided to paint it and give it an old antique look. First I covered the mirror with paper, then I used a spray primer to make sure none of the colors would bleed through. I then sprayed it with an Ivory color. I just used what paint I had on hand. (Almost all my paint products are free and come from a place that collects and recycles paint products.) After the paint dried I applied antiquing glaze with a sponge brush. While the glaze was wet I used a rag to wipe off the extra glaze, leaving a nice old world look. Again this was another trash to treasure project.



No comments:

Post a Comment